FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Saturday, April 4, 2009

THE FUNNY THINGS IN LIFE


Comment on this story.


Every now and then you see something that just cracks you up and at the same time makes you wonder, "What are they thinking"? Well today, on our way from a great afternoon at Pinnacle Mountain, we ran into a traffic jam. One of those "come to a complete halt and don't move forward at a speed above three miles per hour" jams... If you have driven anytime at all on a freeway, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Although I initially was irritated by the thought of sitting in a gaggle of traffic, probably caused by someone with a led foot on there brake pedal, creating one of those government studied traffic jams that escalated beyond just a crick in the neck to a royal thorn in the side, I quickly overcame that when my lovely bride put her lungs into motion and muttered the words "The Big Rolling Turd".

At first, I was concerned if I had a out loud thought, you know those phrases that have a tendency to just flow from your head to your mouth without you realizing that you somehow, at most likely the worst time, unconsciously stated a thought out loud... Then I realized that it wasn't my voice I just heard, but that of my lovely co-pilot. After a quick blink, I saw what my wife had stated.

Directly in front of me was an older model "Eldorado" RV proudly displaying the unique name "The Big Rolling Turd." A name that brought a huge smile to my face and a giggle on my breath. I quickly thought if I had ever seen a nickname that was more well thought out then this one, and just as quickly, I realized that there was NO way someone could out do this. Who in there right mind would title there RV, "The Bid Rolling Turd"? Well whoever it was must have put a lot of thought into it, at least enough to bring a giant smile to my face.

Thankfully I had my camera. Photo after photo after photo was taken in an attempt to just get a few decent shots of living proof. I kid you not folks, yet I bring proof to you that "The Big Rolling Turd" is in fact, real. Personally, I thought it was hilarious. Only in the state of Arkansas (and yes I am a proud Arkansan) would you find "The Big Rolling Turd" plastered on anything, especially a Recreational Vehicle.

I would have paid to acquire just five minutes with that guy, just to try and extract from his mind what made him come up with this off the wall but totally funny tag name. I never had the chance to actually see who was driving this rolling home, but if I had to guess, I'm betting it was a male, age 56 - 65, possibly retired military and most likely from one of our popular and abundant small towns.

Either way, he or she gets my vote for the funniest Arkansan today, April 4, 2009. I loved it and hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed the reality.




Until next time,
Chip

2 comments:

  1. That is not even a bad looking RV. I have seen many redneck RVs that would be better suited to have that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not often a traffic jam can be redeemed so handily. Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time, and if you have a camera, everyone knows you ain't just pullin' their leg.

    -Teresa Scheuter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip