FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS - THE MEMORIES OF A LIFETIME



Too many times I forget the simple things in life. The joy of a stroll through the park. The simplicity of a snowball fight. The pleasure of a simple kiss or a hug. The power of a conversation with mom or dad. That few precious moments a day I get with Janet.

One thing I have learned is to try and cherish each moment God gives me on this Earth. I'm still not very good at it, but over the last few years I have learned to become much more aware of those things around me in my life. I know one day mom and dad wont be here anymore. Christopher will leave the nest and go on to pursue his own life and raise his own family. So while there is time I better try and enjoy those simple pleasures known as life. Those are the memories that Janet and I will cherish when we sit on the front porch and reflect. What I accomplished with my work will be a long forgotten memory and probably one of little importance. Those days of High School, my first marriage, the promotions or awards I have somehow accumulated will all be dust gatherers. But the memories built with my friends, my family and especially my Heavenly Father will be those things I will forever cherish. Those presents that will year in and year out always be unwrapped at Christmas.

During this season, I pray that we all remember why He sent us and what our true purpose is in this life. May we never forget what He has done for us and may your Christmas be blessed with the memories of a lifetime.

Until next time,
Merry Christmas,
Chip

1 comment:

  1. Chip as I read your post today I once again realize how blessed I am. Thanks for loving me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip