FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Saturday, January 31, 2009

REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE - PRICELESS

Okay friends, this has got to be the best one yet. Sent to me by my friend Gena Harmon.

Gena, thanks for sharing. This story is truly FUNNY and truly PRICELESS.. Enjoy..


This is one of those "you had to be there" stories. So one of my best friends had a really bad incident with her son this past Summer. He almost died, but with lots of prayers, I can thankfully say he is doing great now. Anyway, she needed a break. So me, being the good friend that I am, wanted to take her away from the stress for a couple of days.

I found out that Beth Moore, a woman's Bible study author, was going to be in Memphis at the Fed Ex Forum in October. I bought the tickets and three weeks later we headed to Tennessee. I had really pumped this conference up... we were sooo excited about it. We rolled up to the Fed Ex Forum about 5:00 and just about got front door parking. We were thinking, this is unbelievable, but awesome. We decided since we had a little bit of time that we would walk over to Beale Street and find some BBQ for dinner. We found a place that we could eat outside on the sidewalk and enjoy the entertainment... three black guys doing back hand springs all the way down the street. Pretty cool!

After a great dinner, we decided to get back to the Fed Ex Forum so that we could find some good seats. We put our wristbands (tickets) on to get in the door, THEN, it all started happening.....the ticket taker person couldn't get out tickets to scan in. She sent us to the next ticket taker person to try it with her scanner. No, hers didn't work either. She said "where did you get these tickets?" I said, "they were sent to me in the mail. This is the Beth Moore conference, right?" She said, "Who?" I replied, "You know, she does woman's ministry." She said, "Uh, no, tonight is a Grizzlies basketball game. Shes not in this building. Maybe she is across the street in that smaller building." I said, "No, she fills arenas when she comes to town, there is no way she could be over there." So, frustrated and confused, we talked to a policeman that was walking around. No help. The tickets said October 17 & 18, how could she not be here!!!

So, then we decided to go back to the box office and try to get something figured out. After about 10 minutes of the lady trying to help us and the line getting longer behind us, she finally called over her manager. he took a look at our tickets, we had the correct days, we were in the correct place, HERE'S THE PROBLEM... we had the wrong YEAR!!!!

Tickets are for October 17, 2009!! Not 2008. Hmmm. Ok, now what do we do??? So after humiliation passed, we just had to sit down and laugh. I guess you can figure out where we will be next October 17, 2009.



I hope you laughed as hard as I did...

Until next time,
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip