FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Saturday, January 31, 2009

REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE - WINTER JAM

Hello friends.

Here is our third REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE story sent to me from a member of THE DAILY DOSE group and one of my good friends, Mrs. Lynetta Williams.

Thanks for sending it in Lynetta. By the way, I have her phone number if you are planning on attending any upcoming event at Alltel Arena.

Enjoy...

After a long hard day of work, I got an invitation from an equally tired mom to go to Alltel arena in Little Rock for Winter Jam. A lot of great Christian bands would be playing and her daughter was over the roof excited to go. Being the good friend I am, I decided that even if we were too tired to go, the mom needed a friend to keep her spirits up so I went with them. They showed up at my house and I drove us down there as they were new to the area and didn't have a clue where we were going. When we arrived at the arena we got front row parking, that was such good luck, I thought I was on a roll. We get to the doors and didn't have to pay for tickets because the show had already started and they just let us in. WOW two for two, we get inside the arena and it is so jam packed (winter JAM was right) that we can't find seats. We stand there reading each others lips cause we can't hear a thing. We are all scanning the seating trying to find somewhere to sit. We decide that we will just wander around the arena when I looked to my left and see a sky box with several people in it, but still plenty of seats they are not filling. So I smiled real big to my friend and said "wait here a sec". I open the door to the sky box, asked if they had any available seats to which they replied "This is a private sky box, you will need to find seats in the arena." I said, please look out there and find me three seats, they couldn't see ANY open seats. . . they invited us in, visited with us, gave us full access to their cola fridge and use of the private restroom. WOW what a fun night and the concert was FABULOUS. I am available to go with you to your next concert... I CAN get us sky box seating. :-)

I don't know about funny, but I know who is on my must take to any major upcoming event at Alltel list.

Thanks for sharing Lynetta. Great story...

By the way, if you would like to attend the upcoming Winter Jam, here is the tour information along with the wed site. Just click on WINTER JAM 09 link below for the web .

When: 02/06/2009
Where: Alltel Arena - Little Rock, AR.
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: $10.00 at the door - No advance ticket sales

Doors open at 6:00PM
Pre-show is approximately 6:20PM. Don't miss the pre-show.
Lights down at approximately 6:55PM
Show ends approximately 10:20PM

LINE UP: (Click on any of the names below to visit there official web page)
Toby Mac
Hawk Nelson
Brandon Heath
NewSong
Francesca Battistelli
Meredith Andrews
Stephanie Smith

Click here to enter the OFFICIAL WINTER JAM 09 site.

Maybe I will see you there...

Until next time,
Chip

2 comments:

  1. I was at that concert. I suppose that she didn't experience the extreme change in the air temp everytime one of the bands set off those flame thrower things on stage. Flames at a Christian concert? I dreaded each time they did. You could literally feel it get hotter in that arena. And we were on the backside of the arena from the stage!

    So Lynetta, you have another great reason to be thankful for your seats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip