FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Thursday, January 22, 2009

REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE

The other day, the family and I made the decision to go to Sonic for ice cream. If you know me very well, you probably know I am an ice cream nut. I especially like hot fudge sundaes, or really, just about any kind of sundae.

The trip was pretty uneventful, until we got to Sonic. We, as all people do, placed our order on that little external speaker. One Hot Fudge Sundae (Mine), one ice cream cone (Janet's), one kiddy ice cream (Aiden's) and one strawberry slush (Christopher's). After about a minute, Janet asked Christopher to pass her purse to her. Little did she know at the time that she, yep, you guessed it, left it at the house. Well, big deal right? In this instance...it was.

You see I was in my flannel pajama bottoms, a t-shirt and a ball cap along with my ever famous house shoes. Once again, big deal huh? Well... Yes. You see I never, well almost never, would go out of the house with my pajama bottoms, a t-shirt and my house shoes on, well except the time I went to Wal-Mart, but hey that's a different post we will get to at a later date. Still, big deal huh? Well, like I said before, yes... it was.. But why? You ask... Well you see I also did not bring any form of identification or money...

So here we sit in the drive inn at Sonic. We just placed a $5.00 order and neither one of us has any cash. Oh my, small panic in my head. Light bulb.... Christopher... Hey loan us some money. Well this time, I have to say Pher was the smartest one in the car. He at least brought a nAMEX gift card. AWESOME!!!! We can pay for the vittles (That's food for you northern folks) and I wont have to go without my precious Hot Fudge Sundae. All hail Christopher...until.... Yep, you probably guessed it. Sonic doesn't take AMEX. Oh poo, what now?

Start digging Janet says. So we do, we start digging around the car trying to find enough cash to pay for the order. Janet had, somehow, remembered to bring a couple of bucks, the problem was we were still short with no hope in site.

After laughing for about two minutes, and finding NO cash, the reality set in and I got irritated (Sorry about that babe) and starting telling Janet to call and cancel the order. Babe, just cancel the order before they bring it out here. "Janet", I said, An odd thing happened right here in the story, Janet got irritated back, as she should have, and told me to quit telling her to cancel the order... but I went right on and told her to... yep "Cancel the order".

So after about two or three minutes, total, she did exactly that and canceled the order. Whew! I was about to panic. No harm done. So off we go, back to the house. Me irritated at Janet and her telling me to stick it... Hey she had every right...

So what about my Hot Fudge Sundae. Well as you can see by the picture above, I got it...yep, you bet. We drove home, got the purse, drove back to Sonic, placed the order, paid for the food and yes, at last, I got my Hot Fudge Sundae.

Now that is REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE.

So what is your funny story? Come on we know you have one. Share your story with the world.

Here's how, make a comment about this Post and tell us your funny story. We would LOVE to hear from you.

If you are reading this through facebook, click on the DAILY DOSE link to take you to the actual blog which will allow you to post your FUNNY STORY...

Until next time,
Chip

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I promised the Wal-Mart story and for those of you who were interested enough to search, here it is...

    Christopher and I had to go to Wal-Mart one Saturday afternoon for something. No telling what it was, I mean we go to Wal-Mart for all types of crazy things. You know, no matter how much time you spend in that store, you always find something new every time you go in... Its amazing. Okay, enough of the wow section of the story.

    So, Pher and I get in the car. Were driving and chatting (If you want to see a trip to Wal_Mart you can watch the video entitle "AIDEN AND UNCLE CHIP TAKE A TRIP TO THE POST OFFICE". It is on the YouTube sight) and listening to zee radio...probably some Crowder or Hawk Nelson or maybe a little 106.7 Tom FM. Hey if you havent checked out that station and you are from the 80's...Oh my. Get all over it.

    Okay, I know, I know, the A. D. D. is kicking in here. Stay focused Chester, stay focused.

    So, we are cruising along on our way to Wally World. We drive in the parking lot, drive around for 15 minutes (Come on you do the same thing) trying to find a parking spot closer then slot number 94. Finally, success, a spot.

    Out of the car, into the store, when what did I find..... Oh my GOSH.. I am wearing my house shoes... Big deal right...???

    Well it is when you are wearing them with your shorts. Christopher and I laughed for ten minutes. I looked like one of those 80 year old men you see wearing black socks with there bermuda shorts, only worse, I had on no socks, just my black wore out, hole in the sole, house shoes.

    Well, after we finally got our laughing under control, we accomplished our mission, laughing the whole way back to the car.

    Now that's a REAL LIFE... FUNNY STYLE story...

    Until next time,
    Chip

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip