FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE DESIRE TO KNOW WHY

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." 7 So God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the expanse "sky." And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

Since I can't remember when, I have heard about UFO's and there existence. After 44 years of living, I can honestly say, I guess it is possible. It seems that God, in all His glory, is more then possible of creating life under any condition. Whether there truly is UFO's or not, who knows? I know I don't. But it does tell us above that God created the Heavens and the Earth. In two days, yes, two days, He created light, dark, water and sky and introduced us to His Spirit. Just based on eight versus, I am quite sure He is capable of producing life anywhere He so chooses.

So why the debate? The incredible desire to know if there is other life out there? An unwavering desire to study the sky? A lifelong plan to go to the moon and now to go to Mars. What is it we are looking for and why is it important?

What did we gather from visiting the moon? Okay, we now know it isn't made of cheese and there is no smiling face up on the moon. But besides a bunch of weird rocks and the junk we left behind, what did we prove? What did we accomplish? Why did we even go?

I guess as men, many spend an entire life pursuing the question of why are we here? What is our purpose in this extremely short life? Surely there is something more then being born, living and then eventually fading into black? Surely somewhere in that little bitty spec of time called our lives there is some reasoning of our objective? And not only that, but why now? Why was I born in 1964 ans not 1534? Or why was I born a US citizen instead of a citizen of Ethiopia? Why are my needs met beyond my true needs while others struggle daily to survive? How do we fit into the scheme called life and how can we leave a better world for those to come?

For 38 years of my life, okay, maybe not the entire 38 years, but a good portion, I struggled with many of the questions above. Why? Why this? Why that? How come? What does it matter?

But finally I got my answer on a winter evening in January 2002 at the foot of my sons bed. On that night, I was moved. Moved by a spirit within me that I can't explain, and even after almost eight years, I still can't explain. But that Spirit swelled up in me and called me to a purpose in my life. I was raised daily in a Christian home and on that winter night, I met the reason we were made and the one I had learned about all my childhood life. His name is Jesus. On that night, He changed my life. He forgave me for all my blemishes, my sin, my imperfectness, my hurting of others, my turning my back on Him, my everything... And on that night, He became the Savior and Lord of my life. I have never, and will never be the same again. That chaos within my soul, is the peace that brings me to a contentment and happiness that I have never experienced before. He set me free, from ME, and I praise Him for it.

I finally realized that I was made, created, sent to this Earth for the same reason my forefathers were, to worship and praise Him, my Creator. The maker of the Heavens and the Earth.

When I saw the sunset tonight, it made me realize just how much He loves me. How beautiful it was to see the light disappear, the stars shine and night fall upon us one more time.

To Him be the glory...

And by the way, if you are still hung up on the other life thing. I can honestly tell you that there is other life out there. In fact, I can pretty confidently tell you there is other life all around us that we can't see. The Angels of Heaven are among us. Cheering us on everyday. Protecting us when sent by Him. And yes, they are in the Heavens and the Earth.

May God bless you.

Sincerely,
Chip

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip