FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Monday, February 2, 2009

FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY - GREEN THUMB PA

Hello friends. Another childhood memory compliments of Sherry Smith Berry. I don't know if this is Sherry's favorite, but it is a good one.

Sherry said:

I had the pleasure of living next door to my grandparents my entire childhood. And it was amazing. They made me feel so special.

My Grandpa, Pa we called him, had quite the green thumb and he grew roses for Ma. He rigged up some chain link fence attaching it to their porch, from top to bottom and side to side. Then planted those roses just beneath it. They climbed up those chain link fence pieces and made an entire wall of red roses along the front side of their house. One year I remember that they climbed all the way to the very top of the house. At the point of the roof there was a small hole. The roses grew out that hole and created a spray of roses above the roof.

It was beautiful.



Thanks for sharing Sherry.

Be sure and send your Favorite Childhood memory to THEDAILYDOSE@MAIL.COM

Until next time,
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip