FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MEMORIES FROM THE 80'S

Hello friends,

Next week, one of the topics here at THE DOSE is going to be memories from the 80's in honor of the TOTALLY CELEBRATING THE 80'S event.


Whats your favorite memory from the decade of the 80's? It could be a boyfriend, a girlfriend, prom, a certain date, an event at school, maybe the first time you drove or just simply cruising town on a Saturday night. Whatever your favorite memory is, we want to ask you to share it with the friends of The Dose.

Here's our first sample of a MEMORY FROM THE 80'S ,compliments of Tina Adcock-Thomas. I asked Tina to give me a favorite memory for our first post and she gave me several. Tina, all of these bring back some sort of a memory for me. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy them.

Tina wrote:

Laying down on the bed and using either a ribbon or a wire hanger to zip your pants.

Toni home perms

My Esprit skort outfit that Mr. Carrington called me to the office for and told me I had to go home and change. I refused and told him my parents knew what I wore that morning and wouldn't appreciate my missing classroom instruction to go home and change. He then told me to choose between licks or writing the dress code 100x. I chose licks. He then said it wouldn't be appropriate for him to give me licks and to do the sentences. I said "licks." He said "write sentences." I said "licks." (you see where this was going - nowhere. FYI: I wore a MUCH shorter skirt on Fridays for Pantherettes). Finally, I said, "I will take licks. I will not be turning in any sentences. You gave me the choice. If you find someone appropriate to give me licks, I will be happy to accept them at that time." I then left and went back to class with my skort's on. I never did sentences and I never got my licks. Mr. Carrington hated me for the rest of my high school career, I think.

Prairie skirts / dresses.

Wearing two Polo's of contrasting colors and penny loafers. (My personal favorite look)

Smurfs.

Concerts in LR with general admission.

Thanks again Tina.

Friends, share your favorite 80's memory with THE DOSE. Post a comment to this story, send your memories to THEDAILYDOSE@MAIL.COM or post a message to me on facebook. Either way, we will get it posted for all to enjoy.

Thanks again.

Until next time,
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip