FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Sunday, February 8, 2009

QUOTES YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW

I have lived for 44, almost 45 years, and have heard thousands of quotes. Some good, some not so good. Some just downright crazy...

So, the writings this week are dedicated totally to that, QUOTES. They can be funny, famous, serious, made up by you, a friend or maybe something your parents used to say that was kind of quirky... What you write about is your decision.

Everyone can participate in this one. We all have a quote we say or use or have heard that is unique to us. One of mine is "Well good gravy." Don't ask me because I don't know where that one came from but, it is real and I have a bad habit of using it.

So with that in mind, here are just a few to get you started.

"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell, the name will carry."

Bill Cosby

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."

Winston Churchill

Kid to dad as they watch TV; "Dad, tell me again how, when you were my age, you had to walk all the way across the room to change a channel."

Anonymous

Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You'll realize this as soon as they are born, and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.

Ray Romano


That's all for now.

Until next time,
Chip

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite quotes is "Hang in there baby, this too shall pass! One that I heard way too much growing up and still hear it from my dad is "you can lead a horse to the trough, but you can't make it drink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip