FRIENDS OF THE DOSE

Saturday, February 14, 2009

THE MEANING OF LOVE

On this Valentine's Day, it seems appropriate to remember what True Love really is.

Happy Valentine's Day from us at The Daily Dose. Enjoy:

If I have the gift of prophecy
and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains,
but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I posses to the poor
and surrender my body to the flames,
but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud, it is not rude,
it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails

I CORINTHIANS 13: 2-8a

May the grace of God be with you this day.


Until next time,
Chip

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful scripture. Sometimes I read this and I realize how I really fail to love the way its supposed to be done. It totally means so much more when you remember that God is love. Try reading it and replace the word love with God. Amaaaaaaaaaaazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on this post. Your comments are read and could be published, so please keep them clean.

Until next time,
Chip